Sure, conversation games are fun, but have you ever tried games to play with your boyfriend/girlfriend over text? If not… well, we hate to break it to you, but you’ve been missing quite some fun. Let us introduce you to the best texting games for couples out there!
1. Show me your emoji
Emojis can express every single feeling out there. You just have to be creative. Let’s see: Happiness? Anger? Excitement? Irritation (*but not at full throttle)? You’ve got an emoji for everything.
Especially for love. That’s why this is one of the texting games for couples that are fun and quirky. The main rule is to use nothing but emojis through your texts.
- Start by creating a row of emojis to express what you want to say.
- Next, send it to your partner. He has to guess and respond in the same way, using emojis. Continue the game and make things as interesting as possible. This way, you might discover each other’s crazy side.
*Note: You can also add a twist to this game to play with your boyfriend over text by putting across challenges, such as if he gets everything right, he gets a chance to express his feelings via emojis. And if he gets it wrong, he owes you a date.
2. Never have I ever
This one’s a classic, drinking game for adults, but you can turn it into a fun texting game for couples as well. All you have to do is come up with a statement and then your partner has to admit if he’d done it or not. For example:
- Never have I ever gone skinny-dipping.
- Never have I ever kissed another girl (if you’re a girl)/boy (if you’re a boy).
- Never have I ever talked to another relative about my sex life.
This is a great game to play with your girlfriend over text if you want to find out what she’d been up to until she met you. Be ready to find out secrets or ask questions that you might not dare to ask otherwise.
3. Let’s build a story
If the 2 of you are creative, this could be one of the best chatting games you could play with your boyfriend. There are no rules and no boundaries. Each of you must come up with a snippet – it can be a sentence or a paragraph – in order to make up a story. It’s ok if they are not as innocent as the ones your parents used to read you when you were a kid.
4. Truth or dare
In another article on eTeamBuilding, we discuss the rules of the classic ‘Truth or dare’. The version for the texting game for couples is not that different actually. In fact, it’s even more comfortable because there’s only you and your partner, no pressure of seeing him/her face to face, nor other people. Take your time to come up with enticing challenges, and to admit or deny those truths. Here are some examples:
- Which part of your body gets the most compliments?
- Describe your idea of a horrible date.
- Have you ever lied to your partner?
- Have you ever cursed your partner’s family?
- What’s your biggest turn off in a person of the opposite sex?
5. Fill in the blanks
Are you looking for things to do with your boyfriend over text? Fill in some blanks! This one’s a fun text game for couples which gives you a hint if your partner is on the same page as you or not.
All you have to do is send him a message with an incomplete sentence and ask them to fill in the blanks. For example:
- ‘Our first date was at ___’
- ‘You love me when you ___’
- ’I feel safe when you ___’
- ‘I get pissed off when you mention ___’
6. Would you rather…?
This is a great game for any circumstance. If you’re with some friends in your backyard, with work colleagues in team building, or with school colleagues in recess. The fun thing is that ‘Would you rather’ works just fine as a texting game for couples too. Make it enticing! Here is how you can do that:
- Would you rather be the couple that everyone is jealous of or the couple everyone wants to be friends with?
- Would you rather argue all night to resolve a conflict or end the argument unresolved before bed?
- Would you rather cook for your partner or cook as a couple?
- Would you rather be invisible or be able to read your lover’s mind?
- Would you rather your partner be rich and cocky or broke and a sweetheart?
7. Rapid fire
This is one of the fun texting games for couples where the keyword is speed. Start by explaining the rules. You should text one word or phrase to your partner. After that, they have 30 seconds to answer with a single word or phrase that goes with the one you sent.
Here are some examples:
- If you text him ‘beautiful’, he could text back ‘together’.
- If he texts you ‘hungry’, you could answer ‘date’.
- If you text him ‘strong’, he could say ‘your mind’.
8. I spy
Because we love that one, don’t we? ‘I spy’ is a fun texting game for couples who already know each other’s homes. That’s because you need to be familiar with their surroundings.
- First, you need to pick an item in sight and text your partner ‘I spy ___’. Let’s say you’re looking at a blue bra. You can say ‘I spy something like the sky’.
- Now that you’ve given your partner a clue, he has to text you back by guessing the object. You may give him 3 clues and allow up to 3 guesses.
- Once your partner has guessed the correct answer, it’s his turn.
- If he didn’t get the right answer, he owes you something – a surprise, a gift, or a date.
- You can make the game more quirky by making your partner guess what type of clothes you’re wearing, or what their color is.
If you’re looking for more fun activities to do with your lover, browse through our ‘Minute to win it’ couple games!