Negotiation Game is activity where the participants negotiate with each other for a few dollars. The goal of the game is to get participants to find creative solutions to problems. This requires communication and good understanding. This activity is good when the group of people focuses too much on their own needs.
Materials Needed for “Negotiation Game”
- a few banknotes of 1 dollar
How To Setup
This game is more like a useful activity for a group of people who work or have something in common. Up to 20 people can participate. Participants can also be divided into teams of 3 members. It suits a quiet place where each member can express and understand what is communicated.
How To Play
- Step 1: In the Negotiation Game the participants are divided into teams of 3. each team receives 2 banknotes of one dollar.
- Step 2: Then they are offered a time of up to 5 minutes to decide between them who will keep the banknotes between the three members. This is not easy, but eventually, several negotiations have to come to an agreement.
- Step 3: If they fail to decide in any way, they can simply go the majority vote. In order not to reach here it is necessary to motivate the participants to negotiate between them to reach a common denominator. After 5 minutes, all teams that have not yet decided will have to return the banknotes.
- Step 4: For example … “We have decided that George will receive the $ 2 because we trust him to donate to a person who is in a problem. We have decided that Ana will take both banknotes because she will give each one a cup of tea.At the end of the game, you can ask more questions to the participants. Some of them may be: what strategies did you use during the negotiation? Which of these were the ones more useful?If the players do not know each other, you can start playing a game like Who I Am Game.
How To Win
In order to be successful in negotiating banknotes, you need to come up with concrete and well-reasoned arguments. It offers the best solutions for taking the dollars and doing something good with them. Consider the other team members’ suggestions and if you have a better proposal to tell the group.
The Benefits Of Playing This Game
- Group members can develop their creativity
- Each participant can express himself in his team
- Each member can think and propose negotiation solutions