Are you looking for a game that anyone can join, no matter how many friends you have around? eTeamBuilding saves the day… again! ‘Guess the song title’ is the perfect game in this case!
As long as you’re old enough to know some tunes, you can play along. It’s super fun and easy – all you have to do is listen to a few lines of lyrics and guess the song title. Plus, it’s a great way to bond with your fellow music lovers and discover cool tracks. Consider it an awesome:
- Camp game
- Outdoor team building activity
- Indoor game
- Icebreaker game for youth, teens, or adults
- Fun outdoor activity for families
… and much more!
Materials and equipment
To play ‘Guess the song title’, you have to prepare a bit in advance. Take a sheet of paper and create 2 columns.
- In the left column, write down random music lyrics.
- In the right column, mention the name of the song and the artist/band to whom it belongs.
Next, cut out the sheet into small slips of paper. Mix all the slips of paper containing lyrics in a bowl. Make sure you keep the slips of paper with the name of the artist and title of the song, just to double-check if the players guess correctly.
Feel free to include the songs that you and your peeps love! We’ll give you some suggestions anyway and we promise that you can’t go wrong with them!
- In the end, it doesn’t even matter, I had to fall to lose it all. – Linkin Park, In The End
- I’m a survivor, I’m not gonna give up, I’m not gonna stop, I’m gonna work harder. – Destiny’s Child, Survivor
- I got a feeling that tonight’s gonna be a good night. – The Black Eyed Peas, I Gotta Feeling
- It’s close to midnight and something evil’s lurking in the dark. – Michael Jackson, Thriller
- Every breath you take, every move you make, every bond you break, every step you take, I’ll be watching you. – The Police, Every Breath You Take
- You used to call me on my cell phone, late night when you need my love. – Drake, Hotline Bling
- Hey, hey, you, you, I don’t like your girlfriend, no way, no way, I think you need a new one. – Avril Lavigne, Girlfriend
- I believe I can fly, I believe I can touch the sky. – R. Kelly, I Believe I Can Fly
- I see a little silhouetto of a man, Scaramouche, Scaramouche, can you do the Fandango? – Queen, Bohemian Rhapsody
- I’m feeling rough, I’m feeling raw, I’m in the prime of my life. – Arctic Monkeys, I Bet You Look Good On The Dancefloor
- And it seems to me you lived your life like a candle in the wind, never knowing who to cling to when the rain set in. – Elton John, Candle In The Wind
- She’s got a smile that it seems to me, reminds me of childhood memories. – Guns N’ Roses, Sweet Child O’ Mine
- You could be my flamingo, ’cause pink is the new kinda lingo. – Katy Perry, Peacock
- Is it too late now to say sorry? ‘Cause I’m missing more than just your body. – Justin Bieber, Sorry
- I got my head checked by a jumbo jet, it wasn’t easy but nothing is, no. – Blur, Song 2
- Wake up, grab a brush and put a little make-up, hide the scars to fade away the shake-up. – System Of A Down, Chop Suey!
- Love is a burning thing and it makes a fiery ring, bound by wild desire, I fell into a ring of fire. – Johnny Cash, Ring of Fire
- She’s got a body like an hourglass, it’s ticking like a clock. – Paramore, Crushcrushcrush
- Somebody once told me the world is gonna roll me, I ain’t the sharpest tool in the shed. – Smash Mouth, All Star
How to play ‘Guess the song title’?
Here’s how to get in on the fun!
- Gather your friends in a circle and grab the bowl/hat you’ve prepared with pieces of paper containing song lyrics.
- Take turns picking a piece of paper and reading it aloud
*Note: No singing is allowed!
- As soon as the reader starts, everyone else can start guessing the song title. Be quick!
*Note: If someone shouts out a guess, he/she can’t guess again in that round.
Get ready for lots of laughs and some serious music knowledge!
Variations of ‘Guess the song title’
Check out these fun variations:
One at a time
To mix things up, try playing ‘Guess the song title’ one at a time! One player reads a lyric to another player, who then has 10 seconds to guess the song title. If they can’t get it, other players can jump in to try. The first person to guess the correct title (and artist, if there’s a tie) wins the round!
If you’re flying solo, don’t worry – you can still play this game! Just grab some slips of paper with song lyrics (and don’t peek!), then draw one at a time and guess the song. It’s like your own personal trivia game! And if you have a friend around, you can play two-player style.