Capture the flag is one of the most popular and practiced summer camp game. The goal of the game is to capture the flag from your opponent and bring it to your goal area without being touched or stopped. Of course, this game is quite tricky because it involves you trying to avoid and outrun a whole team of players to get to your own side of the game, without being caught or touched in any way. It looks pretty impossible, but if you’re observant, you’ll do just great.
Materials Needed for “Capture the Flag” :
How To Setup:
To fully enjoy this game Capture the Flag, At least 2 flags are required. Also, there’s no specific limit to the number of persons, and the same goes for the location. Once your venue can accommodate from 20 to fifty persons, you’re good to go. However, it’s more advisable to host this game outdoor, yet you could still play indoor, only if the environment is spacious and safe.
How To Play:
- Step 1: When this game is mentioned, what comes to your mind first is territoriality; you’ll have to mark your territory to demarcate the contesting teams. To begin to capture the flag game draw a middle line to divide the field into two equal parts.
- Step 2: Place the flags at the chosen area of the field, then the rules of the game are explained carefully to the participants. This might sound simple, but it’s important to know this is where it all lies majorly. If you can thoroughly explain the rules, then you’ll enjoy the game.
- Step 3: The goal of the game is to capture the flag from the opposition team, then the flag is taken to the base area where the flag point is located.
- Step 4: Any player who is in the opposition field can be touched by the player in the area. If the player has been reached, he is obliged to go to his district. Here, other variations can be introduced, for example, if a player is touched on the territory of the opposing team can be removed for 2-3 minutes. If the player who took the flag from the opposing team is touched, he is returned to his area, and the flag is put in his place. Playing in this way until a team manages to bring the flag to her side.
How To Win:
To emerge the winner of the game, all the participants must be well organized and ready to play as a team because it is a game that involves teamwork which is the only way the goal of being declared the winner can be achieved. The team must have excellent play tactics and a responsible leader who will lead the team to victory.
The Benefits Of Playing This Game:
- Different people can come together play the game and have
- Different playing tactics and skills for the game are
- Participants can communicate and interact with each other.